- Young people in Britain are, it seems, the worst behaved in Europe.
- According to Save the Children, the UK has one of the worst rates of child poverty in Europe. It comes 21st out of 27 countries.
- At least 3.4 million children in the UK are living in poverty.
- The investment that is reckoned to be necessary to end child poverty in the UK is at least £4 billion.
- Our beloved Prime Minister (pictured right) has pledged £4 million to provide almost 80 ‘supernannies’ to help parents who have problem children.
Is this making any kind of coherent picture? No, I didn’t think so either.
On a lighter note, I tagged You Da Mom and she’s duly divulged 5 scintillating things most people don’t know about her already! I suspect she’s working faster than light, so her posts actually appear before she’s written them. Say hi to her from me.